The oriental supplier of dietary fibre
The oriental all-rounder made from chickpeas spiced up with nutty hemp seeds.
The yellow legumes have quite a lot going for them. Like hemp seeds, they are small but full of power. Chickpeas ensure healthy digestion. Two-thirds of their dietary fibre is insoluble, which helps cleanse the intestines and maintain a healthy intestinal environment. Chickpeas also have an antioxidant effect, which can reduce the risk of heart disease.
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 1 tin of chickpeas (drained weight 265 g)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 g Hemp Seeds Premium
- 100 ml water (ice cold)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp. Hemp Oil
- Optional: 8 drops CBD oil (10% = 40 mg)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Level of difficulty
- Drain the chickpeas from the tin through a sieve. Reserve 50 ml of the chickpea water and keep a few chickpeas for decoration.
- Put the lemon juice, garlic cloves and ½ tsp salt in the blender and chop.
- Put the hemp puree in the blender and blend thoroughly. Add the cold water and the chickpea water step by step.
- Then add the chickpeas, hemp oil and cumin and blend for at least three minutes until a creamy, smooth mixture is formed. Season with salt and lemon juice and optionally add CBD oil.
- If the hummus is too thick, add a little more cold water.
Average nutritional content (per 100 g serving)
|Dietary fibre||3 g|